Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunted on Sat on the lower Pax. Fog was bad, did I say the fog was bad, thank goodness we had GPS to find our way. We stuck it out until about an hour after the fog lifted which was about 1. 3 of us ended up with 1 bluebill, 1 red head, 2 canvas backs and 1 canada goose. We bagged every bird that came in. It's frustrating hunting in the fog, we had a few other ducks buzz by in the fog and did not turn on the decoy's. All in all it was a fun day, although we did hear one boat going in circles for about 30 min. lost in the fog in the dark, been there done that.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Aint nothin wrong with that considering the conditions. I used to hunt from Benedict to Solomons when I lived down that way. We had a bunch of stakes for yrs. Miss that area for sure. We need a freeze up really bad.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I was definitely one of those riding around in circles on Saturday morning, but it wasn't on the Pax. For whatever reason, my GPS couldn't lock on to any satallites for awhile. When it finally got a reading, we navigated to our spot solely by electronics, a first for me. Not a risk I would normally take, but it was a learning experience.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Was on the lower Pax Saturday myself, as usual used the GPS to find the our stake. We didn't do much, had a few buzz us early..absolutely nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the fog finally lifted we did stay a while longer. We had several boats run up and down the river and did not see them push a single duck, I think we were lucky to get the the few we shot. It was my first trip to the Pax this season. I think I'll try the Lower Potomac Sat. saw a bunch of birds down there a week ago scouting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts