Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18' hydra sport center console. I like to troll allot in the spring and fall and would love to have a T-top on the boat to help get a better spread out and run my planer boards off of. My problem lies in that in my community my boat must be and is garage kept. Now I know most of you would say WTH are u still living there for...8). But moving is not an option ATM.

I have been looking for options for a folding or removable T-top so that the boat could still be stored in the garage. So far I have only found the Fishmaster T-top Fishmaster T-Tops and Accessories

Does anyone have any experience with this T-top or know any other options that would be available? Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I put one a Fishmaster on my boat this spring and LOVE it. I put 7 rod holders on it--allows us to run a 13 rod spread on my 18. My buddy saw mine and bought one for his 21' CC the next day--he loves it too. There are a few other folks on the board that have them too-I got a lot of favorable comments on here before I bought mine.
It wasn't too hard to put on either--I think it took us a couple of hours to put it up

Hans

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
i struggled with this for a while for my boat. I wanted a t-top to mount rods, antennas, and everything else, but they were expensive, and if I got one I wouldn't be able to fit my boat under it's garage. In the end I decided against a t-top. If nothing else, an 18' boat with a t-top would take up alot of room.

Although it works better, you don't necessairly have to have a t-top to troll planer boards off of.

I have a 20' Whaler with no t-top and troll 22 rods with no problem. I made rod holders to go on my bow rail.

I even wrap the planer board line around the holders to hold the planer board line. It works great. I tie the line off to my front cleat.

Doing it this way is way cheaper than getting individual rod holders and a t-top. I take it off when I am not trolling boards in ten minutes. The 2" alum pipe was something like 80 bucks, the rest was just cheap wood or hardwear. Depending on how far away you are, I could probably help you set up something like this for your boat overnight.

If you do decide to go with a folding t-top, fishmaster are the ones to buy. I was close. . .

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
You could buy a standard t-top and cut off the mounting feet. put in mounts that the top would slide into then secure with pins to make it easy to remove when you get home.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I also have the fishmaster t-top and for the price and ability to lower the top to put the boat into my garage I couldn't pass it up.

Paul

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts