Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a small charter service out of locklies only 4 people so my cost are the alot lower than these guys , and im sorry but if i charge customers for a full day price of fishing thats what im gonna give them unless they want to come in. i think its rediculouse that they charge all that money and fish for a couple hours , just because you caught your keeper limit doesnt mean that you cant fish anymore , you just cant keep them ,,,, I personally think they are ripping people off and not giving them what they are paying for , people are paying for a full day trip not a limit of fish. i have never gone on a charter and paid by the fish always the lenght of the trip ,,,, i guess as long as people keep paying for it they will continue to do it .... once again just my opinion not my practice. :yes:

G

·
Amen - I had some friends do a 6 pack charter out of Rudee last week and they were out at 7:30 and back at dock by 10:30. Again, it was they got the limit so back we go. I would hope the captain explains the rules ahead of time. I know to ask the scope of the day but I guess a lot of people don't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All the Local Charter boats out of Long Bay Pointe in Lynnhaven Inlet give the customers the full time they paid for on a trip regardless of the limit being reached. This is year round no matter what species is the target.

·
Registered
631 Posts
thats the reason i dont reccomend charters out of rudee to my friends who travel 6 hrs only to fish for 3-4 hrs. they want to fish a full day. seems like most all the rudee boats do it. i know the matador will spend the extra time with his charters, dont know who else.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check out KeyDreams Charters. I Keep it legal, communicating and having fun with my customers is always high priority second only to Safety. We run out of Bay Point Marina a very nice upscale marina just inside Little Creek Inlet. I have a Winter Striper Season Special which is $100 less expensive then my Full Day Rate which consist of a Full Day or your Striper limit which ever comes first. I am betting I can get you your limit before I burn a full days fuel, thats my angle for the Special. The regular full day rate is a full day regardless of when we catch our limit.

Catch Ya Later,

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Seems to me that is the same thing the Rudee charters are doing, less the $100 of course. Still not what the customer pays for and should expect.

·
Registered
290 Posts
key dreams

that is a good deal,for those that want to feed the family. Im into catch and release so I want to fish as long as I can. if you advertise that special right you might be able to stay afloat in this bad economy. GOOD LUCK TO YOU SIR. Thanks for keeping saftey # 1 priority. :clapping2::clapping2::clapping2: John

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seems to me that is the same thing the Rudee charters are doing, less the $100 of course. Still not what the customer pays for and should expect.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. "not what the customer pays for and should expect"

"I Keep it legal" - This responsibility fall on the Captain (in this case Me). My customers do not have to be concerned about being boarded for fishing illegally, having their entire catch of the day confiscated by the authorities or being summand to court as a witness to the crime.

"communicating and having fun with my customers is always high priority second only to Safety." - Communicating with my customers ensures I can configure their trip to meet their desires. Safety always comes first speaks for itself.

"I have a Winter Striper Season Special which is $100 less expensive then my Full Day Rate which consist of a Full Day or your Striper limit which ever comes first." - This is a Special rate which is good for those who want to save a little money, are more interested in meat in the box over a full day boat ride or just feel its better to end the trip when the excitement of a fast bight is over and the limit is reached and want to get their fish cleaned then go home and eat them for dinner.

"The regular full day rate is a full day regardless of when we catch our limit." - Pay the regular rate and get a full day regardless of when we get our limit, which means they get a full day.

My question is; What is the customer paying for that I'm not offering. I am always open to new ideas and will do my best to provide a service that is first rate, I can't do this for free, because I haven't hit the lottery yet. If I ever do hit the lottery I will no longer run a charter boat, but I would charter others all over the world. I Just Love Fishing and Always Will.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
"Full day OR STRIPER LIMIT, WHATEVER COMES FIRST. That seems to be the same thing that the customer was unhappy with in the post.

·
Registered
303 Posts
getaway, you need to reread key dreams post. what he is telling you is you can have an all day trip, as many fish as you can catch at his normal rate, or you can go with his (SPECIAL OFFER)!!! it saves you a hundred bucks but you fish untill a limit is reached. IT IS UP TO THE CHARTER WHAT HE CHOOSES!! so everyone is happy. sounds like a good deal to me. not that complicated really. If I had to charter i would go with the normal rate and fish all day. but some people would like to save 100 bucks and get the meat. Kudos to key dreams for trying to make every charter happy.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Dang Getaway, even I understand this one. If you CHOOSE to pay full price for a day of fishing, then you pay full price and fish all day, regardless. If you want to save 100.00, and put a limit in the box and go home then so be it. If then, and only then, it takes all day to get a limit, then you fish all day for 100.00 less...

This is all understood up front between the client and the Captain.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Critter, I guess we should have first ironed all this out between us also:rolleyes:

BTW Why aren't you fishing today?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Its not blowing hard enough to make it worth the effort ;-)

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
My wifes cousin George, some of you may know him, he owns Captain Georges Seafood in Norfolk fishes on the Key Dreams a lot.
He has Invited me to fish with him several times.

I think Capt. Bill is a first rate Captain, has a nice boat and knows how to fish.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I can tell you I have charters who want to fish till we get a limit and some that want to stay out all day. We try and make things work based on the customer.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think as a whole we are all right , its all about communication prior to your trip. I think most captains including myself are fishing to make customers not money . Money is not what we make we make friends and clients and build relationships and money is the reward for hard work and dedication.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts