Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
There are two chemcials that can be used on food plots to kill broadleafs and grasses. Arrest and Slay can be sprayed over top post emergence and not kill the food plot. The weeds have a tendency to grow taller than the forage. Deer do not like to stick their heads down into taller weeds to feed on the forage, so therefor controlling the weeds are essential. The first heavy frost will kill weeds too.

· Registered
471 Posts
Roundup ready food plots would be very helpful, however instead of paying $49 for 9lbs of biologic we would probably pay $75. Right now I am pulling the weeds out of my food plot, probably will take a week or so pulling for a couple hours a day.

· Registered
471 Posts
I have thought about doing that, my brother has told me the same thing, I do like experimenting with different types of food plots. I have no problem picking up roundup ready beans, since my uncle farms and I am also farming some myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.