Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for fishing... but are looking good for days off work! They are calling for 6+" snow for next Tues-Wed with a Nor-Easter coming next Friday (8-14" snows in MD) lots of wind. I will check the models again tomorrow for any changes. Models are also showing the cold air sticking around and these storms will be all snow around here.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=meteomadness

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Friday, Feb 16

High: 48 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Times of clouds and sun; windy in the afternoon

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
PaPa Bear wins!:D My experience with models has been when you turn them up side down they all look the same.;)

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
If they're calling for snow on Friday and/or temps in the 20's this old boy is staying put.;)

·
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well looks like they canceled the storm for now and winds dont look as bad but it will be COLD!

Va. Beach
Friday, Feb 16
High: 36 °F RealFeel®: 29 °F
Partly sunny and cold

·
Registered
715 Posts
I need this time off!!! Am looking forward to hanging with the fellows, and doing alittle extreme fishing! Brian

·
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well now they added the wind factor back into the forecast... that may be our biggest enemy.

Friday, Feb 16
High: 36 °F RealFeel®: 22 °F
Mostly sunny, windy and very cold

·
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Marine forecast out past 20 NM off Va Beach for Fri.

Fri
W to NW winds increasing to 25 to 35 kt. Seas building to 8 to 13 ft...except to 20 ft E of 1000 fms...highest far E.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Marine forecast out past 20 NM off Va Beach for Fri.

Fri
W to NW winds increasing to 25 to 35 kt. Seas building to 8 to 13 ft...except to 20 ft E of 1000 fms...highest far E.
Thanks for the report. What site are you getting this info from? I need to monitor it myself. Air temp very critical to me because of meds I'm taking. I need to make a Go /No Go call by Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Your gonna have to put your lunch inside your coat to warm up/thaw out so you can eat it (like CBBT-2005)

·
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well marine Forecast I got here...
http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/AN/670.html

The only forecast with winds predicted that far out is accuweather.com. That dont give actual winds but from the real feel temp you can tell it will be windy plus on on the 16th they also added windy to the forecast.

Va beach:
Friday, Feb 16
High: 30 °F RealFeel®: 13 °F
Partly sunny, windy and very cold

1 - 20 of 28 Posts