Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the forecast for this weekend, will the inlet be tough to get through with these winds? Fishing for Stripers close to shore. I will be in a 23 foot Wellcraft coastal. Trying to decide if I want to pull the boat down or not.

FRI
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 6 TO 8 FT. RAIN LIKELY IN THE
MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.

FRI NIGHT
N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 5 TO 7 FT IN WIND WAVE AND
NE SWELL. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING.

SAT
NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 5 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

SAT NIGHT
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT.

SUN
SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
I'll have to agree with Happy Hours on the north wind. The 7-9 foot swell also concerns me for friday. The Sat. forcast is still scary as the wind is pushing against the swell (4-7'), making it stand up and be even steeper on the bar. I would plan on fishing the sound on fri/sat and hope for a shot on Sun.. But it is way to early for the weather guys to get it right. Zeta offshore could possibly push this swell even bigger. Too many variables to tell . They can't get it right 12 hours in advance most of the time. This would be the one time I would say NOT to follow the Commercial boats out, they could time the swell right and leave you sitting in the lions den right behind them. If you try it, sit back and watch them cross the bar and time the sets, then decide. One more thing, High tide is safer than low tide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks do they have any size to them and are the pletiful? My debate is to weather to even bring the boat down. We fish out of Rudees all the time so it is not a big deal, but since the bite has been hot we were going to try it. If it is too rough for mine might just take a charter. Any good Charter Recomendations for 1/2 day?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
i wouldnt try it with the forecast as of now. It could change but that strong of a N wind would make it nearly impossible for a 23'. Wait for a West or Southwest wind then you should be good. Goodluck


Most of the good inshore boats are booked through february, but Capt Krage Gardiner on the Fin Galley should be able to put you on some fish. Tell him Spenser Smith recommended him.




Tight lines,

Spenser
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top