Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Fort Story from 3:30 - 6:00 today and for the first hour the spot, roundhead, perch and gray trout were loving the BWFB. After that only a couple of small spot. Tried plastic sand fleas for a little while without any success.

Threw some spot out on the heaver and the crabs were chewing that up. First time throwing out the heaver and I need some practice casting that thing. Decided to sling some metal and other artificials and donated a couple of gotchas to the snag monster between the 4th and 5th set of rock piles. Nice day to be out there. It was so nice that a couple decided to get married on the beach next to where I was fishing.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[Q]jjaachapa originally wrote:
Keep practicing with the heaver. It gets better.
What are you slinging anyways?
[/Q]

Today i tried gotcha's and stingsilvers in various colors.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
538 Posts
DS422,

Thanks for the report and am lookin' forward to fishin' with you all. FYI, Chapa wants to know what conventional heaver combo ya casting in effort to help ya out [tongue]

I'm also known to throw some 8oz & bait [grin] For distance prefer my Rainshadow 1509 and Penn 525mag after that just depends [wink]

'bucket

·
Registered
593 Posts
D,

Thanks for the report! Glad you got into some fish at that. Any size to them greys, cause the are tasty!

If I remember you got yourself a Tsunami 11ft heaver, but I can't remember what reel.

Talk at ya later in the week!!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dixie,

You're correct on the Tsunami...I have a Diawa Emblem XT on it. I just have to get use to casting it. Never casted a heaver before

Just one grey trout caught yesterday and it was probably just shy of 12".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts