Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to spend some Christmas money and I could really use some decent foul weather clothing. I have Grudens bibs and jacket and a set of fishermen Frogg Togs. The Grudens definitely do the job but they ain't the easiest things to get in and out of. Plus you end up perspiring in them after a while them you're cold for a while. They don't breath. The Frogg Togs well - they're Frogg Tog amen. They ok around the pier but not built for the distance.

I've been looking at BPS Gore-Tex 100 MPH jacket and bibs and really like what I see.

They're a little pricey but I can deal with that. Are any of you guys wearing this stuff and if so how do you like it? Is it too bulky to fish in all day? How are the bib legs going on over a pair of boots? Is there enough room at the bottom? Any opinions would be greatly appeciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Nick--
I've got the BPS gear and I like it a lot. I've only fished one Spring day with the tops and bottoms on and I found them to be quite light and comfortable. Very breathable but dry. Bad thing is you look like a BPS salesperson when you wear them and people ask you for help when you have them on at BPS.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Leon--
Any evening besides Thursday are good for this week. Let me know what works for you.
--Dave

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Nick, you can check out Cabela's website and check out their Bargain Cave. they usually have alot of that type gear at discount. If you get on their email list, they'll send you internet specials too that have even more discounts.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for your valued suggestions. It's amazing what is out there once you start looking. Like Kevin said the blow boaters have some off shore racing gear that will take you to the bank. I ended up going with Cabelas Guideshield System. Cost wise it was about as much as I was prepared to spend but I think it'll suit all my needs. My main concern is to stay dry, warm, something easy to get on and off and something that is relatively light weight. All of this and my Rocky boots I should be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts