Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I previously posted on 10/22 that a buddy and I went to Lynnhaven Inlet mostly to fish the lights of docks and piers. That night we caught 3 keeper stripers (two 20 inch fish and a 22 inch fish), 5 other small stripers, and probably 80 small trout. I went back on Nov 5th and we caught 120+ trout and 1 founder, all short. We fished from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. that day and we caught fish the whole time. Then Monday, Nov 16th we caught 60 plus trout, 10 stripers, one little black drum (shown here), and a hickory shad. We fished from 10:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and we did not catch the first fish till 2:30 p.m. (once the tide started going out). We caught most of our fish after dark under the lights. It was obvious when stripers were breaking, and we casted to them and hooked them pretty often, we landed 10, and I had one break me off (6 pound test mono). If I were to go back, I would just wait and leave in the afternoon (I am in Richmond) and put in down there around 5 p.m. I would try to catch the outgoing tide cause outgoing is WAY better than incoming, and then I would look for fish breaking. I figure the fish will be there till it gets cold, but so far the water is still in the 60s. We have had lots of fun catching small fish. I have taken 3 different buddies down there and none of them had fished at night around lights. They all thought it was pretty cool, and they figured it out pretty quickly. It would be nice to find some bigger fish, but I am glad I was able to put guys on fish. I hope this report helps you guys find some fish too.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should have said, of the 10 stripers we did catch on Monday, one of them was a keeper, 22 inches, shown in the photo. It was the only keeper of the night (unless I wanted to bring home a hickory shad!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts