Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why while shore bound at I R I do boaters find the need to get between us and the fish? we ,at least i can not cast way out to mid rips. lots of blues there!saw guy just down afew from me get spooled along with a few others.i also boat so i got both sides of this .no excuse for this!same goes for the dangerous boat handling i saw. and why is it that just because you caught somthing you think you got to kill it! I myself just think if your not going to eat it,or use it for bait,set it free.do you really got to stab that skate or shark or beat it on the beach!what a shameful site.same with slinging short stripers like fressbes to the water![sad]

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That place attracts alot of idiots esp in the summer. Its a shame because it can be a great place to fish. The killin sharks and skates part really pisses me off as well.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I gave up drifting the inlet because of the traffic in the middle and the long casts of the shorebound guys(which I was for many years). Just too intense, I go fishing to relax[wink]
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
southbound side, inside the inlet is a nice ledge and good flounder holdin spot. It's also within casting distance of long-reach shore guys. Yep middle gets crowded and also has strongest current (too strong). Once from my boat I got tangled with a guy on shore who must have had his line out a good 100+ yards. That's a long dang cast and it surprised the hell out of me to hook into him. Face it it's just a tough place to fish sometimes due to crowds and conditions.
As far as sharks and skates I'm not condoning...but catch about 10 million of 'em in a weekend and you'll feel like stabbin a couple yourself!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya ok always to sides to a story. i was just realy cranked up with some of it. i bail out of this rough type of fishing dont need the stress. have not caught even a hundred skate yet,at least it is something on other end of line besides guy next to ya[tongue]i do like to see others perspective of things. b dog gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts