Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks!

Tomorrow is the Get Hooked On Hampton Rockfish Tourney, it is free, no entry fee. We are giving out two Suzuki four stroke motors to the two largest fish weighed in.

Weigh in is at Sunset Boating Center, all fish must be weighed by 4pm sharp.

Lines in at six am.

There is no captains meeting or sign up registration, if your fishing tomorrow and have some nice catches, come to weigh in your fish and maybe you'll win!!

any questions call
804 240 7577

Thanks Guys
Jim Baugh

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sat
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. At the mouth of the Bay... NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt in the morning. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
Sat Night
NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 ft.

Gale advisory until Sat 6am.

20in fish could win this one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JB Here

Hi folks.
The engines are the 2.5 Suzuki four strokes. I ran a Zodiak, 10 fgooter this summer and had one on there for power. Fantastic engine, self contained, and only about 23 pounds. Fantastic for many applications. Great engine.

We have two to give away for prizes.

Hey folks, sorry about the weather, but with a free tourney, there is no budget to reschedule. Advise caution out there, be safe, plenty of fish at the MM and HRBT.

We are going to keep this as a free event, and build in more prizes each year.

OH!!
Also, each engine prize comes with a double DVD year end Jim Baugh Outdoors TV series DVD
AND---------!!!
The new Max King Eelin and Reelin DVD! Fantastic DVD. Selling like Hot Cakes. All you wanted to know about live Eelin from the Monster Master himself.

Sorry about the weather, but as history has proved, if Jim Baugh is holding a tourney, the wind will be a blown!! Heck, the wind has not stopped blown all fall off of my balchony.

Be safe, see yall folks tomorrow.

God Bless

Jim B
Jim Baugh Outdoors TV

PS JB Rockfish Holiday-Dec 13th. FREE tourney, one engine for the single largset fish to be weighed. Same day as Bluewaters tourney, fish both, great idea! No extra cost!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jim

Thanks for the free tournament. I hope everyone stays safe and catches some big rockfish. eeling and reeling dvd's I am completely out for least another week before the next shipment come in. The eeling Season should be in high gear in another week. Good luck to every body fishing this weekend. This weekend is the last weekend i get to spend with my family until christmas. So everyone catch them up!
Thanks again
max

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Info tourney results

Here is the story. One cold day on the water, and a three pounder won it. just click link below

Jim Baugh Outdoors TV

Thanks guys, our rockfish holiday on Dec 13th, we have THREE engines to give away, no entry fee, just go fish!! Same day as Bluewaters tourney, weigh in on same river. questions call
804 240 7577
Jim B

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for having the event and promoting fishing in the Hampton area. I had called Sunset while we were on the water and there was a rumor that some ES fish were being brought/trailered in. I was up the James River in some nasty stuff, so I didn't hurry back. I had a visitor from Montauk with me and I was lucky to get him out. We cleaned fish in excess of 3lbs at Sunset an hour after weigh in and laughed when we heard what won it. Tough conditions, but we had a blast.

Thanks again,

South Paw

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

I cant image anyone bringin back fish from the ES that was only three pounds. That may be record for sure if that happened, smallest fish ever caught!! LOL

We only had one weigh in, the fish were caught around the third island. The weather was not with us at all, and the bite was off big time, however I am sure Dec. is going to prove differant. Should be a great season, and this blow will do nothing but help the fish for sure.

Jim Baugh Outdoors TV

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!

JBO Rocckfish Holiday and the Bluewater event is on Dec. 13th, see everyone there!
JB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts