Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D:D - went fishing on the Severn yesyerday and stopped by a new on the water tackle shop that features free sinkers/lures :pp.

The old Rt. 450 bridge is a public fishing pier and there was alot of gear snagged on a 2 inch conduit under the steel.Fellow Tfer Hdrunk (Jeff) and I climbed up on the hardtop and cut down most of the old line.Tfer Klramp (Ken) helped keep the boat off the pilings.We had a flat calm morning-it would be crazy to try if any waves at all.

The hardtop put us at the exact level needed to reach everything.Ended up with over 60 sinkers,1 bucktail and 2 Gottcha plugs :thumbup:.

Fun way to start the day :pp.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I can imagine an over zealous law enforcement officer spotting someone climbing around under a bridge.

Wonder if he would believe you? Still against the law isn't it?

·
Premium Member
26,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is not really a bridge anymore- only 1/4 of it remains.The state left it for fishermen :yes: - like the Choptank fishing (bridge) pier.

We were in/out in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Nice haul Skip. There definitely is a lot of lead in that area.

On a windy winter day several years ago, the water had been pushed way out of the Severn, and the water level was far down on the beach at Jonas Green park (beneath the 450 fishing pier). I found a large piece of debris washed up on the beach. It was draped with hundreds of bottom rigs with all types of sinkers. I collected as many as I could. When I got home, I sorted them out and found that I had collected 25 lbs of lead ranging from 1 oz to 6 oz.

I donated a box of those sinkers to the Wish-A-Fish table last winter.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
-- I don't see my favorites --20----32 oz-bells

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I fish that bridge/pier a lot when my wife is visiting her mom in B-town (less and less as I get more comforable with taking the boat out solo). Its a good stopgap when the bay is really bumped up. There's a lot of snags towards the new bridge too. The trick is to just drop your line right at the old bridge, and be careful when you reel up so you dont snag (dont allow your bait to swing). No rock, but I slayed the blues there this year live lining.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Funny.... Nothing beats free! Nice lead there though. First Thursday in November is the first rigging party/card game. Bring 'em and maybe Evans might let you win a hand! :D

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
That is just so cool, ya always look at a place and say, If I only had the time.... Good for you, I trust they'll find there way to Wish A Fish or some other noble cause

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm trying to figure out just how bad the wind has to be to get two ounce's of lead hooked on a piece of two in electrical conduit directly uder your feet. :clap: Glad they are on a peir I guess. Better bring safety goggles next time :cool2:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I think we have a lead buyer :D

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
HAHAHA Skip the good news is that if you sold all those at market value you would only be about $250 in the hole for gas!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts