Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

We will be celebrating our Special Angler National Championship this year in conjunction with the annual Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce Fall Rockfish tournament (Nov 14th-15th). What is different about a tournament designated a "National Championship" in our Special Angler series is that we try to provide the event totally free to Special Anglers and their families. We received funds this year that has afforded us the ability to book two charters for the tournament at no expense to these anglers. We have filled the "John Russell", captained by Russ Sullivan out of Cobbs Island, but I still have a few spots available on the 2nd charter, the 42' Jimmick Jr. III, coming out of Reedville/Wicomico Church, captained by Jim Diebler. He has spots on both Saturday and Sunday.

If you know anyone in the special needs community (i.e., those with intellectual disabilities), please pass this on to them. If you know any individuals who participate in Special Olympics, they automatically qualify as Special Anglers, and it it is a free ride for them and whatever guests they choose to bring along. Seats on the boat are first come first served. We also offer this up to any teachers and coaches who serve this growing community. (by 2032, half of all children born are projected to have autism, unless we fix our food supply issue).

I would hate to see any spots go unfilled, but I do know this is a very rugged event for these participants (boats depart at 6:30 AM). I created a fact sheet that you can access from the home page of our website that you can direct them to for details.

The Jimmick Jr. III is the bigger boat of the two charters. It has a heated cabin. We have lots of pictures of the boat on the website and on the charter captain's website. On Saturday, the Jimmick Jr. III will depart from Lewisetta in the lower Potomac and will return to Colonial Beach for the weigh in. On Sunday, it will depart and return to the docks at Colonial Beach.

The aforementioned fact sheet is also referenced on our Facebook page. Here is the link to the same fact sheet: Fact Sheet. Feel free to have interested parties email me at: [email protected] if they are interested after reading the fact sheet.

Best Regards to All

Joe sends . . .

A shot of the Jimmick Jr. III boat below.
JJR-III Broadside.JPG JJR-III Compressed.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts