Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry 'bout the delay Dave, I haven't been reading my e-mail lately. Here's Freeshon's 3rd turkey..... Way to go Dave!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks Moe! Udaman. The next picture I want to see is the swamp thing ! By the way, it's Feeshon ( pronounced Fee shawn, it's Irish for fish on). Thanks for your help, may your calls be sweet tomorrow!

Feeshon [grin]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that Feeshon, that's a cool name. I've seen the swamp thing 4 different times, unfortunately he saw me too! Maybe I'll learn to sit there long enough to get him one of these days. He comes in silent and when I get up to leave there he is just out of range. How long does a turkey live? If I don't get him this year maybe next. He's probably 3 years old now.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll answer my own question. I looked it up and it's:The average life expectancy for wild turkeys is estimated at 1.3 to 1.6 years. The oldest known wild turkey lived at least 13 years. Hummm if swamp thing is 3 yrs. he's old.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Moe - How many days do you have left - maybe you need to switch up on him and catch him coming to the roost. Our season ends Saturday. Those numbers seem low for turkey life expectancy - but I guess if they make it past the egg stage and stay away from the raccoons and skunks, then they have to deal with a lot of foxes and cars out there. Then here we come sneaking thru the woods. good luck and hope you get him, if you don't you know he is proliferating the species and giving you more to go after for the fall.

Feeshon [grin]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts