Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t typically post my fresh water reports but since the wind kept most people off the water I thought I would share. I fished both days on a local lake. The goal was to catch white perch. Saturday they were biting good but they were on the small side. I got into a better grade as I was running out of bait. I had plenty in the live well for a nice meal. I had to leave early anyway to celebrate my son’s 21st. birthday. I went back early Sunday morning to another portion of the lake. Larger fish stage here at this time but this spring has them off their schedule. I gambled and it paid off. The size was much better. I got one good hit. I set the hook and felt the head shake but than felt dead weight. Thought for sure my weight pickup a bunch of grass. In fact I started pulling hard to free it until I realized it was a good size fish. It ended up being a 26” Walleye. Once netted the hook fell out on its own. I got lucky. The wind was steady increasing to the point controlling the boat became too much work. I called it an early day.

Seafood Fish Fish products Cuisine Tail

·
Registered
181 Posts
JustinTime,
very nice catch. If you don’t mind saying, were these fish very deep?
I was out 10 days ago and nothing was deeper than 15’ of water.

thanks for the report.
ACG

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I don’t typically post my fresh water reports but since the wind kept most people off the water I thought I would share. I fished both days on a local lake. The goal was to catch white perch. Saturday they were biting good but they were on the small side. I got into a better grade as I was running out of bait. I had plenty in the live well for a nice meal. I had to leave early anyway to celebrate my son’s 21st. birthday. I went back early Sunday morning to another portion of the lake. Larger fish stage here at this time but this spring has them off their schedule. I gambled and it paid off. The size was much better. I got one good hit. I set the hook and felt the head shake but than felt dead weight. Thought for sure my weight pickup a bunch of grass. In fact I started pulling hard to free it until I realized it was a good size fish. It ended up being a 26” Walleye. Once netted the hook fell out on its own. I got lucky. The wind was steady increasing to the point controlling the boat became too much work. I called it an early day.

View attachment 281876
Best eating fresh water fish there is congrats

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
603 Posts
Walleye is another fish on my bucket list. I wanna try them when it cools off up on the flats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts