Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nicely done! Walleye still on my bucket list at 75! How far north? Switched from upper Potomac to Bay many years ago….mistake…
That was caught in an area above Harpers Ferry. The boat ramp I use is at Dargen's Bend, MD side. The water there is a little deeper and calmer than most of the upper Potomac. The walleye and smallmouth fishing has been pretty good the last few years there and has made a nice comeback after a few storms that I believe flushed a lot of the fish down river years ago. I also hooked into a very big fish that day but it eventually broke me off. I would like to believe it was a tiger musky, or a walleye or catfish. I have hooked a few Musky there in the past, but have never been able to boat one and get a picture. Boating a Musky is on my bucket list. If you want to fish deeper water than that, there is a place called Big Slackwater further up, just above Dam # 4. I've seen 30 foot boats in that section.

·
Registered
11,907 Posts
They catch some big Walleyes in Slackwater too. That seems like a good place to have a cabin on the water if you like to fish for Walleyes, Muskys and Smallmouths in Maryland

21 - 24 of 24 Posts