Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I still think thats gotta to be the coolest fish-finder ever!!! If it only posted the wind speed (25mph)and wave height (3') it would be perfect!! I'm in love!!!! That was the best scouting mission ever.. You gotta love that Dutch Gap area...
Steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was a very productive scouting mission. Considering it was blowing like hell and the fish werent hitting too well.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
wrecks

That's nice Wayne, I've seen those fish finder/depth finders displayed at Bass Pro and I wondered if they really worked as good as the display. Now thanks to you I have my answer. You said that was bait around the wreck, they looked pretty big how does a big fish show on the screen? Do you run with side display on or find a target then explore it with the side display mode? One other thing, I've owned a couple of hummingbirds and the night back light wasn't very bright. Does this model have a good light for night viewing? There's all kinds of prices out there I would viewthat anyone intrested in buying one doing a lot of searching prices before purchasing one. I saw a price of $1749 on ebay, that beats the retail price buy quite a lot.

mini moe

·
Registered
42 Posts
madcatter

The next time you get a chance switch your side image to shoot one side only and limit the footage. I got one last year and love it.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Those pics are fantastic Wayne. Thanks. I have been looking at those units also. There is a Yahoo discussion group for owners of the Humminbird Side Scan units. The pics there are awesome as well. That first pic of Waynes is one of the best I have seen.

The new units will be out in Feb. The 797 ($930 on the net) will be a small (normal) screen side image unit. The current 987 will be replaced with a 997 (List at $1999). Added another frequency and the screen is 1" bigger.

I see a fight at my house very soon!

Thanks Wayne.

Dayton

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
sonar&wrecks

They are already out at Bass Pro and West Marine. The 997c SI is $2199.99 with all the bells and whistles and the plain jane 997SI Combo is $1999.99 @ BP. The 797c2 SI Combo with NVB is $1199.99. I think if I'm gonna start a war at home I'm gonna go all out for the big daddy 997cSI Combo with NAV and barometric. I posted earlier in this same thread where I saw a 987c for $1749 I must have seen one without the SI. sorry 'bout that quote. I guess when we all get one they will be obselete.:D Did you get NVB with your unit, Wayne?

mini moe

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Moe, have you actually seen a 997 in a store or know of one? According to the Humminbird rep from another site, they have not gone out yet. The only units out are with reps that take them to the fishing shows. Let me know. I want to see one.

Thanks,

Dayton

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I purchased everything with mine. the barometric weatherstation, navionics gold chip gps antenna everything. leather heated seats, cruise control and a hot chick in the back!:eek:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

I bet you did have a major war at home Wayne, you got a nice set up, I hope to have one, when a couple of my rich uncles pass on and leave me a bundle of $$$. In answer to your question Dayton, I got those prices out of the 2007 master cat. from BP and the 2006 cat. from West Marine. They very well could be hard to find or order. I'll call BP after while and check on them.

mini moe

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Thanks Moe. I think everyone is just accepting early/back/pre orders for the units. I checked with threeriversmarine.com and they are accepting pre-orders.

Wayne, about the hot chick that came with the unit....can you post more pics or here. The last pic was nice, but do you have any without the catfish and maybe some where your son wouldn't be standing beside here.

Which leads me to another idea. How about a JRCC tournament for the girls? Maybe something different where every boat has to have a women onboard. I volunteer right now to take Mrs. Crash and Mrs. MadTom fishing!!!!!

And day is fine. Maybe even mid-week (when you guys are working).:eek:

Dayton

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wayne didnt we discuss something about womans in a tourny saturday... Dayton I think we may have a couple chicks who will be willing to fish a tourny ! But I'm not fishing against them they know where the good holes are!!!!
Steve

1 - 20 of 43 Posts