Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got call from Hank a couple days ago ...Walleye pete had called and invited us down to fish the CBBT Fri....
Winds were forecasted to be NW 15020....Hmmmmm a little windy...but what the heck let's do it....
Left Easton at 3am...rolled into Stingrays at 5:30am...Hank got out his phone...checked the winds...Alright!.......SW at 3 Knots!......YES!....57* Air temp
Had a nice breakfast at Stingrays...came out 45 minutes later....NW 22!...45* temp....YIKES!
Phil (Rattetrap) called and said it was 24K with gusts to 28K!
So off we went to the ramp to take a better look....well the tide was over the dock and the 2 boats we saw heading out turned around and came back...:eek2: (Grady's).....:helpsmilie:

After a couple minutes of (Are we crazy or what?)...We decided let's give it a try...so off we went in Pete's Parker 21SE....

We made it over to the bridge.....ran on the Ocean side and ended up finding 132 fish....Biggest was 38"....(rather not say who caught it).......:D
About 6-10 slots (28-34")and Lots of CBBT footballs....

Water temp was 51*...NO birds....very little bait....
Had a great time....used 6" and 10" BKD's....
Pete and Hank thanks for the invite had a blast!
would like to mention Pete's boat handling skills.....awesome Job Pete.......!
Don't forget pete...sometimes it's not the Arrow...it's the Indian........:D

Hank's gonna post some pics......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like an interesting day. Me, Bob, Larry and Daryl going down Sunday in the Sailfish, hope its calmer for us.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Way to brave the elements Jamie. 132 fish is not to shabby. Hey chief your in a Sailfish, you dont have anything to worry about!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Y'all are HARD CORE!!!!! WTG Jamie & Hank!!! I bet Pete got a lil shorter today with all that bouncing around. I hope ya saved a few for us...we're leaving @ 4am Sat. heading down for a 3 day w-end. I'll be in touch...

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Y'all are HARD CORE!!!!! WTG Jamie & Hank!!! I bet Pete got a lil shorter today with all that bouncing around. I hope ya saved a few for us...we're leaving @ 4am Sat. heading down for a 3 day w-end. I'll be in touch...
Andy...remember when you sent me the text that said "If the waves are 4ft high they are over Pete's head?"......
He said to tell you that he is still tall enough to whip your #@*%........:D

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like an interesting day. Me, Bob, Larry and Daryl going down Sunday in the Sailfish, hope its calmer for us.
You won't have any trouble with the wind...waves etc....you may have some issue with the other 150 boats that will be out there on a Sun 5-10......:eek::rolleyes::helpsmilie:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Cloud Water Sky Lake Fluid
This is how the morning looked on the Ocean side couldn't take pictures of the Bay side really tough with 25mph winds and 5-6 footers.:D
Water Cloud Sky Fluid Horizon
This is the 3rd island doesn't look very good on that side.:yes:
Water Cloud Sky Azure Building
But boy was it beautiful behind the 4th with those NW winds.:thumbup:
Water Cloud Sky Mammal Fisherman
Jamie with a nice fish.:bigfish:
Smile Water Sky Cloud Outdoor recreation
Jamie and Pete having a blast.:eek:
Water Fin Fish Marine biology Tail
We caught a 132 of these guys thats what I call a great day who needs a few fish over 40" anyway when you can have that many hook ups with quality fish.
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Casting (fishing)
Jamie wasn't having a good day notice the **** eating grin.:clap:
Bedrock Mountain Formation Mountainous landforms Landscape
The birds are there but they were enjoying the weather not much bait either.
Smile Sky Fisherman Outdoor recreation Fish
Jamie caught the biggest but guess who caught the most.
Plant Sky Atmosphere Moon Nature

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Good job guys. Nice pics Hank. That tail on Jamie's fish is really broad. It is strange how some stripers have really broad tail fins and others of the same size are smaller. You would think that would be a real advantage in swimming power.

Terry and I will be down Sunday afternoon for several days depending on the weather--hopefully through Thursday. Want to check the ocean on a good day. Hopefully we will get the fly rods going also.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Andy...remember when you sent me the text that said "If the waves are 4ft high they are over Pete's head?"......
He said to tell you that he is still tall enough to whip your #@*%........:D
And that's about as high as he can reach!!!!!:eek::D;-):yes::D

Looks like ya had the place all to yourselves!! I knew that if anybody could make it out, you 2 & Pete would make it.

Nice pics Hank!!

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great Pics Hank...thanks...:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Cloud Water Sky Lake Fluid
This is what the morning looked like on the bay side. i couldn't take pics on the way out to tough with 20-25mph winds and some 5-6footers. I've never been down to CBBT in December when we were the only boat out except for two other brave souls on either the Bay or the Ocean. Pete did a great job getting us out in that snot even though Jamie was a little frightened.:D
Water Cloud Sky Fluid Horizon
The 3rd Island didn't look very good.:nono:
Water Cloud Sky Azure Building
Wow beautiful behind the 4th and the fish were there.:rockon:
Water Cloud Sky Mammal Fisherman
Jamie with a nice fish.:bigfish:
Smile Water Sky Cloud Outdoor recreation
Jamie and Pete having a blast:eek2:
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Casting (fishing)
Jamie wasn't having a good time notice the **** eating grin.:yes:
Bedrock Mountain Formation Mountainous landforms Landscape
The birds were there but took the day off and not much bait around either.:eek:
Water Fin Fish Marine biology Tail
We caught 132 of these guys who needs a few over 40" fish when you can be hooked up all day with some quality fish like this:yes:.
Smile Sky Fisherman Outdoor recreation Fish
Jamie caught the biggest but guess who caught the most.:D
Plant Sky Atmosphere Moon Nature
Took this pic on the way home doing 70mph. It was a great day Jamie and Pete. I'm glad I talked you guys into going out this morning. I'm off to Florida for Xmas to catch some of them Blue Water fish. Merry Xmas and Hapy New Year fellas. I'll be back when the big boys return.:rockingreport:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Great report guys... WTG!!!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Very good report and excellent pictures. Glad you guys smacked 'em. I don't think Pete even had to duck to get under that fish Jamie caught.... I'll keep you posted next week. Hope we can get down there together soon. BTW, Hank, how do you like the Arctic Armor?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Thanks for the report and nice pics.
Difficult for me to get away during the week but I'm heading down there today; eeling tonight and LTJing on Sunday.
Hopefully hook into a C&R citation fish. I expect it'll be crowded though especially tomorrow.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Bill,

I think you will find the mother load around fisherman's if you go up there. You know the routine..........

Be thinking about me when I'm singing Xmas carols to 600 elementary kids while your on the coast. I'll be there after Friday sometime thats for sure!!!!!!!!!

Frank
"Skirtchaser"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts