Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got a prop so I could get back out today. Ed and I left the peir about 10:30 or later and headed to the mouth of Back River, Miller's Island Area. Tried messing around in there for an hour so but we had no tide so we ran out to 7ft knoll.

Found a few boats bottom bouncing but everything we caught were throw backs. Headed off to Man O War and had less action there with no better results in quality. Noticed that the tide should be running back inside the river, so off we went.

Got back inside and and started messing around. We caught upwards of 30 fish maybe, but very little size. We did manage to squeeze out 4 fish over 18. Caught on small spro bucktails, bucktails, and small tony spoons, trolled slowly behind the boat.

We were back to the peir by 4:30.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice to hear we have some in the local areas.
Do the bigger schools get up north this far when they are schooling up in the fall?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have caught some very nice fish in the fall quite a few years ago off of the triple bouys in November but that was a few years ago.

It has been mostly smaller fish for me the last few years, but it has been more consistent in the fall and lasts longer. Really like fishing this time of the year in the rivers, short runs, nice fish, lighter tackle. To troll now I am using mostly spinning rids, 1 ounce inlines, if anything at all with a tandem rig of a small spoon #14 tony and 1/2 ounce bucktail.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Phil, nice job. Funny how we run all over looking for fish and they're right out front. Thats a pretty sweet spot you and Ed fish.

Triple Bouys are off Swan Pt, north side of Chester River

1 - 6 of 6 Posts