Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to come up tomorrow for a shad fishing trip. Want to catch some herring and white perch on sabiki rigs too. Is the river going to be in good enough shape for us to make the 2 1/2 hour drive tomorrow? Any reports on the fishing around 95 this week? Any stripers in the area yet either?

Any info would be appreciated. Will stay here and fish Buggs island if things are not too good up in yalls neighborhood

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
766 Posts
:thumbup: depends.....last weekend caught American AND Hickories.......the herring bite is sporadic according to some guides as they school up and move skiddishly. I also will be out tomorrow in the "Catfish Cadillac" with 2 friends using the Sabiki rigs and casting spoons to the hickories, just enough to get some good bait for a few flathead attempts and then back to bluecats. getting ready for Sat.'s Big Cat Quest ! Striperjoe:clapping2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info,

I reckon we will make it up there. Flatheads been biting good here on our lake (buggs or kerr whatever you know it as) Dad caught a 48 lb flattie couple days ago. We have a tournament on our lake Sat night. Gonna keep some white perchies to bring on back for bait. Hope we can find a few fish to bite tomorrow. Check us out on the alumacraft, 90 hp evinrude. Prolly anchor out in the middle above the rock for a striper or some small blues for a while too. Caught some nice flatheads out there last year too. See yall out there.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
River Con.

The clarity has improved overnight , yesterday it was so muddy you couldn't see the grids in the background of the shadcam, now you can.

mini moe

·
Registered
18 Posts
the herring and shad are in there been catching a bunch on sabiki rigs yup the shad are hitting them to but you will do better down near the anna belle lee dock i believe they have moved down there for the warmer water?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Wednesday Cold East Wind

I tried for a few hours Wednesday afternoon until 7:00 PM. River temp has dropped like a stone 10 degrees from the week before. All last week, I went almost every afternoon and bailed shad on darts and silver spoons, and catfish and stripers on cutbait. Fast forward Wednesday east wind howling and water tempbarely over 50, Caught zero shad, cats, or stripers. Saw no fish on the sonar and had to beg a gizzard shad off a nice fellow at the waste water discharge.

I'm no expert but think the fish have dropped downstream and are holding in warmer water if they can find it. Once the water gets a little warmer, it will be on like crazy once again. Yesterday's 70 degree might have clicked the water temp. up a notch or two. Good luck!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
I went all day Thursday. I was going in blind as I hadn't heard any reports following the cold snap. Turns out the bite is back ON in a big way. I caught Hickorys all day long, sometimes 5 and 6 in a row, even a double on tandem rigged shad darts. I fished from 6 AM to 6 PM and caught well over a hundred fish. I alternated between throwing a gold shad spoon and another rod rigged with tandem shad darts. The bite was better on the spoon but I did well on both. I even got bored and caught them on a black beetlespin. I had a blast and am still stoked about it today! Thanks to Virtual Guide Dayton as he gave me some tips that paid off perfectly.

No Americans for me (that I could tell). Didn't see any perch, herring or striper coming up on other boats or along the wall.

Very, very few boats at the ramp or on the water until noon-ish. Then it got busier as the day progressed. Go early if you go during the week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts