Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Richard and I fished my boat, while Crawdad and Sidekick fished Crawdad’s boat. We fished various spots in Butchers with live bait. After the birds left the spot we were fishing, one of us would go out scouting for other birds, then call the other boat over there. Crawdad caught 10 fish with 3 keepers, and Richard and I caught 8 fish with only 1 being a keeper…see below 31 incher. The weather man called for 53 degrees and a slight chance of a passing shower. When we launched, it was in the 20’s, then it started a cold steady 33 degree rain at 8am which lasted until lunch time when it warmed up to 37 degrees. Despite the cool, rainy conditions, a good time was had by all…

·
Registered
162 Posts
Richard and I fished my boat, while Crawdad and Sidekick fished Crawdad's boat. We fished various spots in Butchers with live bait. After …
HI LittleBoyBlue,

I'm thinking to try Buthcers on Sat. I'll stop and get a few bass minnows, but would like to try for some bait around Rudd. Can you point me in the right direction for a noon arrival? I'd like to try the cast net with some success; however how limited.

Thanks,

Joy T Brew

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Scott,

That's a good report with the weather being nasty. I think I reconize the background and I believe I have fished that area before.

Ramrod

·
Registered
43 Posts
It was nice to get on the lake and start the new year off good. Flatlines and planer boards was the name of the game today. we where running 2 #7 splitshots on the line with 14 feet of line behind the boards. most of the fish we caught where in less than 10 feet of water. catching fish is the best way to stay warm. Winter time fishing sure is fun if you can get on the fish, you sure dont have to worry about allot of boat trafic on cold rainy days.
Crawdad

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts