Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucked into some live peeler from a friend. Filled live well with spot anyway around fort carroll on fish bites. Don’t waste your money on bloodworms. Went into Curtis creek with a high tide expected around 9am. Tide never moved. Stayed low the whole time and lines stayed limp the same. Picked up a few catfish and three undersized rock on the peeler. Had a good run off on a spot but didn’t come tight. I often catch catfish on live spot so I’m unsure what took it. Bottom fished with fish bites will inside Curtis and the spot were insane. I don’t think there any perch in there anymore, all spot. Road by the discharge, saw some bait and a few terns but nothing blew my skirt up. Kept going. Having lift problems, will work them out this weekend and try again next week.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Lucked into some live peeler from a friend. Filled live well with spot anyway around fort carroll on fish bites. Don’t waste your money on bloodworms. Went into Curtis creek with a high tide expected around 9am. Tide never moved. Stayed low the whole time and lines stayed limp the same. Picked up a few catfish and three undersized rock on the peeler. Had a good run off on a spot but didn’t come tight. I often catch catfish on live spot so I’m unsure what took it. Bottom fished with fish bites will inside Curtis and the spot were insane. I don’t think there any perch in there anymore, all spot. Road by the discharge, saw some bait and a few terns but nothing blew my skirt up. Kept going. Having lift problems, will work them out this weekend and try again next week.
Longtail,
I was out Friday as well. I went back into Curtis Creek around 8:30am to fish for perch. You have to fish the rocky shorelines. They were on the eastern facing shorelines. My son and I decided to only keep them over 10 inches. We ended up with 16 in the cooler with the biggest being 11.5"
Fish Fish products Seafood Marine biology Ray-finned fish
Organism Fish Food Ray-finned fish Seafood

It was a beautiful trip accross the water at 4:45am.
Water Sky Afterglow Watercraft Dusk

Mike

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Longtail,
If you are out there next weekend I will probably be in the Creek around 9am. You will probably find me around W.R.Grace or back by the turnstile Bridge. Here's a picture of my boat.
Mike
Wheel Tire Boat Vehicle Watercraft

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Illl probably be out but not sure what boat I’ll be on.either my buddy’s 18’ Lund or another buddy’s cabin cruiser. What’s that new barge just before the bridge behind jaws marine doing?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Illl probably be out but not sure what boat I’ll be on.either my buddy’s 18’ Lund or another buddy’s cabin cruiser. What’s that new barge just before the bridge behind jaws marine doing?
They are building a lot of structures around the area, especially across the river from W.R. Grace.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts