Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
drove to kiptopeke @ 750 pm friday to meet jamie(racn35), harvey, j.'s friends andy & karen. billy tells us some choice spots before hand, put the boat in & realize i almost lost a side curtain getting there. we get to the hi-rise w/ a million or so of my close friends approx. 9 pm & the tide is slowly coming in, for the next 2.5 hours! eels are out but the bite is over. finally gets slack, breeze is turning north so we move to the other side for the outgoing slaughter. just get anchored & andy gets a call fr his mom his dad is having chest pains. gotta go, gotta go! get andy to the dock & both him & harvey ( cause everyone rode w/ harvey ) take off. Andy i hope your dad's o.k. j., karen ( who has never caught a striper ) & i return to fish. anchored up, put out the rods & even used down riggers & 12 lb balls to put some eels close. don't do this unless there really out of the way on your boat. current is RIPPING & within 15 it goes OFF! all on half way up the water colomn to the top. down riggers nada. within 15 minutes we have 3 fish 41, 45.5, 46, & lost 3 more. karen works in the bigest fish ( ain't that the way it always is ), after begging jamie for help. MAN, was that current ripping w/ the 15-20 knot n. wind. so much for 10 fr the N. weather liar! true to the e. shore when the w. temp hit the 40's nothing but big fish.

had to ad this in, their some eel eating fools!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Those size eels should be up the bay in the creeks. Yes they are probably around the CBBT but I don't think they make up the main diet of stripers anymore. THe bigger eels are the ones that leave the bay and creeks to spawn somewhere in the Ocean.

If you look at the heads of some of those eels, they are mangled and show obvious signs of trauma that a striper just cannot inflict or if it did, it would do it to other parts of the eel too so my guess is that some or all of those eels were taken from other fishermen.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
POUND NET POUND NET POUND NET ! Screeeech..........Good eyes Andy !
(His Dad is doing ok- kept for observation today, He is down for the next trip !!)

Meet in the Freezer 3 days running........ Wed Thurs & Friday -

·
Registered
151 Posts
Heres to last nite

I was in much need of a fun time. The trip over was as exciting as hangin with my friends and catching a fish. Well after being late as USUAL to meet up, we went grocery shopping Grabbed some drinks, snacks and OOPS bananas (which I was forbidden to bring out of Harveys car - Hope he enjoys my Beakfast !!!), we headed across te CBBT and off for a night (Cold but decent) of fishing. We got all set up again and soon the reels were spinning. Tony had the usual fish that got a way, Sorry Sweetie, while Jamie was trying to reel in pole #2. Tony got another fish on and it was sweet, well then Here comes my turn. OK I confess It was a challenge but I did it with No help and ended up with a nice one too. Well after working all day and being almost 3 am we decided to call it a night and head home. After the usual unloading off the boat and oh yeah breakfast at Dennys. I think I finally made it home and in bed at 6:30 am. So here's to good times with friends. See you guys soon!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
K 61 tells it like it is.:D

Good report Tony,

Glad your head got cut off in the picture, it saved us all some grief.
:D
To bad Jamie did not get the same treatment.:D

Glad you folks got into them. Andy I hope your Dad is OK.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Hey Tony, Jamie and K61 good on ya. Glad I could help Tony. We kicked @$$ last night 7 release citations and a slob 50" 43.14#

Andy wishing your dad well prayers to ya!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Gotta take Harvey & Andy back out for pullage, Doug needs a trip too......

2 out of our 3 were paperwork but not filed, they are frozen now !

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Pretty work!

Those eels I can almost 100% guarantee were not taken from other fisherman. It is almost impossible for a striper to steal an eel with out getting hooked.

They leave and migrate to the Sargasso Sea to reproduce and start the circle of life all over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts