Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Launched at 8:30 am with friend Al and his son Michael. Found Spot in 15 feet - slow bite as we were near slack current. Took about an hour and had about 25 Spot.

Ran north and found outgoing current already moving. I guess due to extra high tide. Anchored over nice marks and got two Rock fast. 21 and 24. Next one was about 26 but had sores so released it. Dropped my needle nose pliers over and good luck - the circle hook laying at surface snagged them.

No photo description available.

Current was moving faster now and even with 2 ozs it was tough to get the little Spot down.

Finally gave up and ran south on advice from friend. Good move as got a 28 to finish limit. Ran back about 1:30. Longer than normal to get limit but perfect day to be out fishing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's a great catch. A few years back, my wife's sunglasses fell off her face and into the water as she was leaning over the transom of our boat. Twenty minutes later I was reeling in the tandem rig we were trolling. Yep, the nose bridge had somehow managed to land on the line and the glasses were pinned to the high running jig. Didn't catch any fish that day but managed to save a fifty dollar pair of glasses. That's a win in my book.

PS. I'd give those pliers a shot of oil. Maybe even hit them with a wire brush. LOL!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts