Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Ptap both days. Left the dock at 4:30am Friday on a high tide. My son and I fished several spots for stripers. We had a 19" which we released and two 17". We went back into Curtis Creek in search for perch. It took four location before we found them.
Food Seafood Fish Ray-finned fish Metal
Food Organism Seafood Fish Cuisine

Sunday was a repeat of Friday just a little breezier. The water in the main bay was muddy but clear back in the Creek. The perch had moved again but I was able to find them.
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Building
Food Animal product Seafood Ingredient Staple food

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Damn nice mess of perch Mike.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are correct Gary. There was also a ton of debris in the water due to the heavy rains the night before. I had to be extra cautious at the wheel.
Mike

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
I always use a #3 Mepps aglia spinner.
Almost always gold now, sometimes bronze.
Mike
I've tried chrome, yellow, orange and red with little success. When I was a kid, I'd sell Mepps squirrel tails and get lures back in exchange.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Time to go gold. I also do a slow retrieve so the lure is closer to the bottom.
Mike
That's what I did. I also made a few out of brass rod and willow blades that I've caught a few on. They're heavy so they work best in deeper water where the small Mepps work better in shallow water.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fished the Ptap both days. Left the dock at 4:30am Friday on a high tide. My son and I fished several spots for stripers. We had a 19" which we released and two 17". We went back into Curtis Creek in search for perch. It took four location before we found them.
View attachment 282032 View attachment 282033

Sunday was a repeat of Friday just a little breezier. The water in the main bay was muddy but clear back in the Creek. The perch had moved again but I was able to find them.
View attachment 282034 View attachment 282037
Mike
Nice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts