Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent thread, the question was raised about night fishing. Next Friday, the 12th, is going to be a full moon. Not only that but it is going to be a bright one. Assuming decent weather, I am going to be fishing the cut channel Friday night on a well equipped 32 footer. I have room for a couple of HO's if anyone is interested, & I would be glad to have a couple of tagalong boats if anyone is interested in tagging along.

Used to do this every winter down at the beach, think it'll be fun up here as well. :fishing2:

If anyone is interested b-mail me or leave a msg. on my cell, (804) 445-5512.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i may be interested if the weather will cooperate, are you trolling or eeling . will go as tagalong only have a 23 c hawk cc with low sides
call sign savannah k / capt ron :fishing2:

·
Registered
207 Posts
We are definitely in as tagalongs. Like Capt Ron we're in a 23 and so can't handle the weather you can. If Fri is a blowout, Saturday should be bright as well. "More the merrier" doesn't hold on tournament Saturday but on a night trip in Dec I'd not mind seeing a few other lights out there.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My intent right now is to troll if the fish co-operate. If the trolling does not work out then I plan on having a dozen or so eels & will try & locate a school to drop 'em down on. Gotta carry a back-up plan

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would love to try it but have some fishing plans for the daytime on Saturday. I dont think you should have problems finding schools of fish, there were large schools of large fish down around 36 this weekend and should be moving up north. Good luck on the night fishing, I'm sure it'll be a blast.

--John

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose I should habe mentioned, I fish out of Waldens marina in Deltaville. The boat is FinTastic & I monitor 68. This should be a blast if the moon does its thing & the winds lay down like they are supposed to.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gparsley, you should come ride along with me if you want. My son will be going & maybe a buddy from work but right now thats it. I have room for a couple more if you guys are interested. Thanks for the comments on Fintastic. She's got some miles on her but she's comfortable.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not before 5. To be realistic, probably not before 6. Most people have to work on Friday & then gotta say goodbye to the missus before they can sneak off to chase the striped one. I might have a group going out for a day trip that day too. Didn't start out that way but they rescheduled from earlier in the week. 'Course they haven't proven real reliable either so they may :rolleyes: reschedule again.

·
Registered
589 Posts
gparsley, you should come ride along with me if you want. My son will be going & maybe a buddy from work but right now thats it. I have room for a couple more if you guys are interested. Thanks for the comments on Fintastic. She's got some miles on her but she's comfortable.
thanks for the offer steve but I am off the rest of the year an we are fishing from sat on would loved to have joined you an your son but I have got previous partys lined up we will see you at the dock team vida loca

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since the weatherman (as usual) was off in his predictions for Friday night, & since most of the boats that contacted me had concerns about the sea-state Friday night, we have decided to do our nocturnal fishing Saturday night instead of Friday night. noaa is predicting waves of 1 ft. or less Sat nite with winds of 5-10. With clear skies, a full moon & very low pressure in the area, it should be a great night for fishing. See y'all out on the water.

Steve

·
Registered
207 Posts
Capt Steve, the trip instigator, can post the official trip report but while he's gathering thoughts here are mine. In short, this was a complete bust. We went from near the south end of the Cut all the way to 59, with the Fintastic on one edge of the channel and me on the other. For 99% of that part I saw zero bait and zero fish. The bait I did see was widely scattered and completely unremarkable. From 59 I went to 59A and found better marks but still not even a knockdown. Covered the column with Mojos, double btails and stretches. I'd constucted a glow-in-the-dark shad daisy chain and then left it in the truck so that part of the experiment still needs consideration. Fished from about 5:30 until maybe 10:00. Today was another wash. 41A to a couple miles north of 2R, and then an hours with eels at various depts off of Mosquito Pt. Little bait, no fish. Only 15 weeks till croaker season...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts