Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me & and buddy took friday off of work, got down to the Coan river late thursday evening. Had lines in the water at 6:30 fishing off of #7 near Lewisetta. Marked huge bunker schools with big arcs (rocks) under, around, and half coming out of the bait balls. made my first turn after having the full spread in for 10 minutes, picked up a 42" on a white tandem rig. finally broke the 40" mark on my boat!

trolled for another hour & a half, picked up a 34" on the same lure. Reeled him in quick, and just when we got him in the boat--WHAMMO! BIG strike on the far out planer line, chart tandem rig. John tried to put the heat on it, but felt the mono starting to load up. Got the fish in a little closer, saw its tail flop over on the surface and decided to release the still lively 34". After 10 more minutes of mayhem because no one was steering when john was on the fish and i was revivng the 34, we had a big 48" fish on the deck.

the net was way too small to help bring him in, so john had to put one hand up through the gills and another into its mouth to get him on board. we were pretty exhausted, so we headed in.

Had the fish weighed at RW's came in at 39lbs 6 oz. Just missed a citation! if the thing had fit in the box, she may have weighed in over 40, also she was all spawned out and spit up a couple bunker on deck.

Best day ive ever had trophy trolling, current ran hard all morning, bait was stacked up, and i had taken the day off work. truly a memorable morning on the water.

Jake

·
Registered
659 Posts
Jake,
You really know how to hurt someone. I did mange to get the last wedding out of the way. Still can't get down there until next weekend. Congrats on the fish.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel][angel]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts