Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the morning with capt. lyle, capt. claude (critter), and my brother blake (kayakn) catching some fat togs. Once that slowed down we decided to switch over and give the stripers a try. So we rigged up to drift eels and moved within site of the ramada and put lines out. After a few drifts and a couple missed chances blake hooked into a nice 45". It was getting late so we decided to do one last drift and it paid off with a double hookup. After running around like chickens with our heads cut off blake boated a nice 47" and I boated a 50" hog. Decided to do one more drift and with no luck called it a day with a boat full of happy crew looking forward to a fish dinner. All in all I would say this was one the best days fishing in a long time. Here are some pictures of the fish.

My 50"

Blakes 45"

Blakes 47"

The crew

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Nice Work Captain & Crew

Congrat on the big fish and thanks for the report!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

·
Registered
303 Posts
Boys, it was nice having you on board the Isobar yesterday, even nicer that we couldn't wipe the smiles off your face if we tried. Here's to the next trip:chugbeer: and some bigger tautonkas.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
HEY ! I bagged up the EELS special just for you guys !! NICE REPORT ~

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Wow! What a day! That's exactly the kind of day I want to have! BTW, where's the tog pics? ;-)

·
Registered
753 Posts
It was a wonderful trip to say the least.

For a short period the togs were snapping pretty good, ( crab was the favored treats for them this day) however it didnt last too long. The current went from ripping to dead in just a few minutes. (Started with 16 oz's and couldnt hit bottom, to 8 oz straight down a few minutes later)

For the stripers we were using circle hooks as usual ( thought about switching to J hooks for awhile there) as we had way too many come unglued ( like 8 missed) before theguys could get hooked up.

All lines were at different depths and fish hit pretty much every line no matter what depth it was set at.

Thanks for a memory making day Jared and Blake.

Thanks for the ride aboard the Isobar Claude "critter". ( by the way, the smoked carp sandwichs were finger licking good, was it the garlic ?) :D

PS: the fish were far from full when the stomach contents were observed, a few eels and some silversides.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts