Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm off this Friday, I was thinking of taking my boat out. Any thoughts what the week of cold nights would have done to the fishing? Will there still be breakers ? Will the blues still be here ? Will bigger rock be ready for the troll ? I have not kept records, so I don't know at what temp the bite changes . What do you guys think? Anyone else going out ? Thanks for your thoughts .

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
What part of the bay are you fishing ?
Right now the shallow water (1-6 feet) has alot of Rock in the early morning tossing topwater plugs.

The cooler weather should get the fish schooling up near the river mouths or out on the channel edges.There should be breaking fish - cooler water temps make them feed on top.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hopefully all this wind didn't stir up the river. i am going to give it a try friday and see what's what. i am with Skip... i'll try the skinny water first then head to deeper water.
the water temp, seem to be dropping fast.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm heading out Friday from Solomons, going in search of birds and may troll a bit if i dont find any, although if anyone has any topwater spots in the shallows they would like to PM me, I would be more than happy to let you know if there are still fish in them ;-)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking Breezy or Solomons. I got on some breakers last week just below Solomons . I have not done much shallow water river fishing, so I don't know any spots to try. Sounds like the mouth of the river might be a good place for me to start. Will the blues be gone ?I think I've had my fill of eating them for the year .They are still great fun to catch on LT. Might have to do c & r if they are still around.I would love to get on some rock schooled up chasing bait. Love to hear any additional thoughts you guys might have. Maybe I should start keeping records of temp and dates. Seems like some have it down to a science. Tight Lines, BOB.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Last year on 10/31 water temp was 62* and blues weres till here...but thinning out....Skip's right breakers will be here thru Nov and maybe into Dec...hopefullly...........:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bob,
I will be out of Solomon's tomorrow morning as well. May even sneek out tonight to take a look see. May try some livelining if I can find the bait, but other than that I'll be looking for birds and marks since I don't know the area that well. I will give you a heads up on the radio if I find em, what's your boat name?
Piledriver

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'll be heading out of Solomons at about 11:30 on Friday for a last attempt at LL'ing. I would also like to try some topwater. If I have time, I might troll a little too.

I'll be on 68. I just go by Martin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be out in the am, hopefully by 9 to catch the tide . Will start in mouth of river and then look for breakers. More thn likely go south on channel edge. No boat name. Try as19.6 on 68. Thanks good luck !!!! BOB. I'll give a shout out if we for Tidal Fish folks if we find the mother load.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts