Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Friday afternoon/evening around all sides of Carp point. Found a steady topwater bite on the flats side in 5' of water near the grass beds. Picked up 8 rock up to 20", had one 30" (could have been bigger) follow my plug to the boat. That big sucker decided to hang right off of the stern on the bottom. The water was crystal clear & I was just watching that sucker sit there... I bounced a cripple herring all around him... nada. It was interesting to see what they do after they see the boat.

Sunday, I popped my 18'er in for a quick ride & possibly a few quick casts. The I/O seized up(I think) leaving me stuck by the flats. **** Hook to the rescue... it's nice when A tow only costs a cast of Molson. The boat has 600 HARD hours on it & I think one of my gears assploded... Break out another grand...

·
1,672 Posts
Sounds like a good time Jug, musta been neat seeing that 30" playing around down there...
Sorry to hear about the boat but it was a cost effective tow.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a back up boat that I use for shallow water stuff & during the spring to save some $$ on gas as it burns about 3-4 GPS at 25 mph vs 8-10 GPH at 17 mph. My other boat is still in the water... I won' t miss a beat.

It's also my canal day boat... I better get that sucker fixed before June.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Damn you feed that thing 3-4 GPS`s @ 25mph WOW :eek2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts