Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this past Friday off to do some shad fishing. During launching at the Little Falls Ramp, on the Rapp, I noticed a small jon boat fishing directly across the river from the ramp. Me and the dog hopped in the ole duckboat, fired up the outboard and began to back away from the dock. As I began to back up I heard a boat approaching from upriver, but sounded kinda far off. Just then this bass boat comes "screaming" by....had to be doing 40-45mph straight at me....I slammed to engine into forward...trying to get back to the pier and also...ready to jump. At the last second, he went right between me and the Jon boat. As those of you who are aware, the river is only about 75' wide at that point. The Jon boat and I were about 20' from each side of the shoreline. I was so mad.....even the my dog barked at the driver. I almost ended up a statistic!!! He didn't even slow down and apologize.

Jeeeeeezzzzzz!

p.s....I caught lots of hickory shad on a yellow bucktail fly w/ some crystal flash until about 11am...then the bite slowed down.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Bigring,
Glad to hear you and the pup are ok!
I think there was a clear wanton disregard for rules of the road here, as well as well as prudent mariner/seamanship disregard in this situation. I'm sure you'll see/hear this person again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yep there are a lot of "bad boaters" both there and up at the city dock. Many just want to run wide open and not slow down for anything. Also it seems like most have no idea what "no wake" means:nono:

The last time I was at little falls there was so much silt at the launch that it looked like it could be a challenge to use on a low tide. There should be some stripers down thru there now.

Mitch

·
Registered
397 Posts
I went over the Falmouth bridge sat. about 10:00 on my way home from droping off my daughter and a quick stop at gander Mt. for leader (130#) and some crimps, and it looked like shoulder to shoulder fishing. Looked like the shad were running pretty hard. Just might have to give it a shot this coming weekend. :yes:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was up in powells creek saturday morning when I think the same guy come blowing by me at the same rate...I was thinking about 60-70 with a big ole mercury on the back....
Blew by me and I was anchored up on the turn....his roostertail almost made it into my boat....3 guys headed up creek to bass fish I guess....but no wave, finger wave or anything....
Its a good thing he didn't pick up all the spider wire I had out....I couldn't have cut it before he broke every rod in the boat......But when I heard him coming back down river I was ready with a knife....but the same ole thing no slowing down....no waves...maybe next time I will offer my one finger salute.....Good thing the kids weren't in the water swimming or anything like when it gets a little warmer.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts