Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife & I just got done our dinner of fried Shrimp & Walleye fillets.We're not fans of fried food but if you've never tried Mc Cormick's ,Golden Dipt ,Beer Batter,Seafood Seasoning...you're missing the best of fried shrimp & fish.I use Canola oil then pat them dry before dipping and after cooking.I'm sure Oysters & Soft ctabs would taste great too.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Nick, we use that beer batter on white perch filets...just like candy!

experiment with different beers....darker beers give a nice flavor

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick, we use that beer batter on white perch filets...just like candy!

experiment with different beers....darker beers give a nice flavor
I like it better with dark beer too.I use Samuel Adam's.There'll all good Winter fest,Boston Lager or (Cream Stout -heavier dark) &October fest in the fall.

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mc Cormick mix reminds me of the Arthur Treachers Fish.Remember them?There's only 2 left in Md.The best dam frioed fast food fish there ever was.The first time I ever ate this style of fish(Old England style )wrapped in news paper with chips(Big Fries)was in San Francisco 1966.There was this small carry out house in a row home district accross from The Golden Gate Park.It would remind you of being on Eastern ave.,accross the street from Patterson Park (except with lots of palm Trees.You'd walk in,go to the counter and order either 1 or 2 fish.they'd wrap your fish & chips in newspaper,you could then sprinkle on some malt vinegar and walk accross the stret and eat in the park on the lawn.The line was a lways a block long waiting to get fish.The crowd would range from poor to millionaires.All enjoying thier fish lunch togwther in the park. http://www.artthurtreachers.com/index.htm

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They'll clean you out if you real good.Especially if you let it get rancid.Now,you'll be able to eat til you explode at the greasy oyster roast without having to worry about gaining any extra weight.:clapping2:

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No ****???Didn't know they have it.I don't do the shopping.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
I like Golden dipt because they have smaller size packets and dont go thru that much.. They used to have a "Lightly Seasoned" breader..I havent seen it lately.. it is great, light, breading.

FYI: Dont use light beer.. I have read sevral beerbatter recipies that stae this.. something about less carb in light beer..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts