Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do people actually surf fish for stripers at VA Beach , I know they do up north in Mass or NY but i had never heard of it off VA Beach:wacko:

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Do people actually surf fish for stripers at VA Beach , I know they do up north in Mass or NY but i had never heard of it off VA Beach:wacko:
Yes a lot are being caught off the Beach. Big difference here though is the lack of structure.

Most Fish are caught close to the Bridges or Jetties. Sometimes they move into the Surf zone.

If you want to give it a shot sometime, let me know.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just might take you up on that, with the size of those fish people are catching i cant imagine draggin spomething like that up on the beach

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
fyi- SANDBRIDGE PIER ......caught limits of striper YESTERDAY........off the end of the PIER.........its OPEN 7am to 5pm EVERYDAY........its FREE until April 1st

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have caught several rockfish from the beach in Duck, NC around New Year's. It's a blast fighting a big one from the beach. They will come right up to the shore and pen menhadden against the sand like packs of wolves.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME......they do it at Dam Neck/Sandbridge/Back Bay every year too ........just gotta be there when they are......hour before high tide threw the first hour of outgoing.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts