Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a front used deck for a 1765 model Carolina Skiff - Anyone know of one for sale?

Bayhead

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quimby's Marine...
9295 Ocean Gateway
Easton, Maryland 21601
800-822-8320

They sell Carolina Skiff's and parts for them. Trying to find one used could be difficult.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If you buy it used, make sure the front seat support isn't rotten. There is a wooden re-enforcement inside there and it can get soft. Once it does, any heavy weight applied will cause cracking and eventual failure of the deck.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was at Quimby's looking at them for my 1765 as well. They have a few in the back stored in the trailer but if I remember right they are $350 or more. I decided it would take up too much room and bailed on the idea. I also took both of my pedestal seats out and put a bench seat in so I could remove it for crabbing. Now when I go out the whole boat is open except for a cooler and crabbing gear.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
CS does make a short deck that is about half the length of the full front deck, but I haven't seen one in a while. Frankly, i don't think it would be that hard to make and install one yourself, especially if you want it removeable. I have a 1765DLx with the front deck. I put a swivel seat mount on it with a removeable seat. Sometimes I wish I had ordered teh boat without it. It is great for storage, but I sort of wish I had that deck room. it makes fishing more than 3 people a little tight.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would take it out and see what you think. I keep coolers on my boat for storage so I can take them out if needed. That boat has a ton of desk space with a small center console and bench seat. I just moved my battery and fuel tank from the stern and put them under my bench, even more space now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts