Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's money well spent. Sta-bil or PriG. Pri-g is cheaper and does a great job. Every time I fill my portable tanks (Generator, lawn mower, etc) I use it and have never had a carb gum up or fuel go bad. I Always use it fueling the boat. Then again, a tank has never sat a year which would be the best test. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sea-Foam has many uses. It's main use is to directly put it in yuor engine (see directions on can) to clean and de-carbonize your engine, Auto, Boat etc. It is also used as a fuel additave to clean your fuel system and as a fuel additave in place of Sta-Bil. It is also used in place of GM Top Engine Cleaner.

Many marina's and auto parts stores carry it.

Standard Disclaimer: I don't work for Sea Foam, I have never stayed at a holiday inn express, and I don't play a expert in the TV Soap Operas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use STA-BIL all the time can't hurt.
I also use Yamaha's Ring Free below is a little info.
Ring Free Fuel Additive
Cleans carbon and varnish from rings, pistons, combustion chamber, intake and exhaust manifolds, and carburetor. Removes deposits that cause ring wear. Improves power and efficiency as it extends engine life.
I also try to stay away from some of the cheaper 2-cycle oils and only run Yamalube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.