Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old 78 Hydrasport Kevlar49 21ft CC. The manual guage on top of the tank in the floor stopped working. Guess I will install an electronic sending unit and guage. Hope it fits the hole in the tank (standard I hope).

Do you think the 6"-12" depth will work or will I need the 6-24" for my 80 gallon tank?

Thought someone here may have had some experience with this. My boat is down there
and I am up here in the mountains - so I can't measure tank depth (with dip stick). What would a typical depth to a tank like this be?

Bored Fisherman,

bigmark

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The sending unit should set about 1/2" from the bottom of the tank. Have you tried contacting HydraSport and asking what the tank measurement should be?? OR buy both and return the 1 you don't need.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys

I like the looks of the old style, but not knowing the depth I opted for the 4-24" adjustable
teleflex sending unit and guage. Thanks again!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I gave up on getting the float type to work for anything better than an indication. I got one of those Lawrance fuel flow gages. It is acurate to within a gallon of fuel. Its work looking into.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts