Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just left BW at the guy there tells me that Stabil Fuel treatment and Stabil Stabilizer are the same thing?....I didn't beleive it so I am going to look for some stabilizer....they were out of stabilizer...any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
jamie, the fuel treatment by sta-bil is different than stablizer. the sta-bil container i have says for use with e-10. i would call the toll free number and ask them. if you do post your results.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They (sta-bil) have come out with a new product, just for us boaters, called "Marine Sta-Bil"....It's kind of green/blue color, made for the cheap gas they're selling us now.....I've tried it in my fleet at work this winter....Smells a bit different than the red....I sure Hope its good....

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i already use the Stabil fuel treatment for the garbage gas we use.....I agree with u John ...it's different....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Starbrite makes Startron E-10 fuel additive and "EZ Store and Start"
I add the normal E-10 fuel treatment all year long as I add fuel
I add a bottle of the EZ Store and Start before the winter down time
Been doing this for 3 years with no problems - knock on wood
I also change my fuel filter cartridge in the spring along with new plugs, then change it again Mid to end of Summer
Cant be too careful these days

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
something else i do, in addition to changing the fuel/water separator twice a year is every 3-4 weeks i will spin it off, (even though i have a clear bowl on the bottom) and pour the contents in a clear container to check for misc. particles and water. grease the rubber seal and spin it back on.

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
I have been using PRI-G with good results.Over the last year or so I havn`t used my boat very much ,in fact I have some gas in the tank that is about 1/12 years old and every time I start it up or take it out and run it the engine runs great.The Racor never seems to have any water in it.Hopefully she will get used a lot more this season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts