Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered these from Amazon and thought of a couple of questions after I ordered. They are the TS 1440 model.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C16R8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

They come with the Pelican case but would like to carry these in my BIG go bag. Was wondering if anyone here has found a good quality soft case/pouch that work well with these without hogging up more too much space?

Also was wondering how well they will work with glasses/sunglasses on.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Congrats, you will love the view with these. I haven't tried viewing with them with my sunglasses on, so I can't help you there. But I surmise that there is a reason why they come in a pelican case. It is my understanding that you do not want to drop them ever. I have read that they must get shipped back to the manufacturer if they need a repair and that repairs ain't cheap. Again I don't have first hand knowledge because I have babied mine for the five years I've had 'em. I keep them in the Pelican and store them on the deck or in the cuddy (where they cannot fall). But I figure that if the manufacturer sells them with an $80 shock resistant case (Pelican 1400) there's probably some very deliberate thinking behind the decision to add that much overhead to the base price of the product.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
256 Posts
You will love these!! I have the Nikon version and they are amazing. The Nikon Stabileyes 14x40 came with a soft case and I carry them back and forth to the boat in my go bag also. Check with Nikon and see if you can buy the soft case separately.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will love these!! I have the Nikon version and they are amazing. The Nikon Stabileyes 14x40 came with a soft case and I carry them back and forth to the boat in my go bag also. Check with Nikon and see if you can buy the soft case separately.
Ahh I forgot they were about the same. Will do thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I agree with flycatcher, they are awesome!! Mine are maybe 2 years old and I love them!! Very useful tool on the boat and the IS works well. Nothing like being able to see what the guy next to you is catching them on. I use the case for storing but often leave them on the seat through the day (probably not a smart thing). They wouldn't include the pelican case if they didn't think it was a good idea to use it.
ENJOY!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The case just looks to be a bit on the bigger side for me to be carrying back and forth to the boat. I can make some room in my go bag to fit the Bino but just am not sure if the hardshell is going to work or not. Like I said, I'll wait until it gets here, supposedly Sunday, and see what I think.

When I walk down through the yard and down the pier to the boathouse I only wanna make one trip so like trying to keep things as compact and portable as possible.

If I cant find something I'll likely just start emailing/calling a few of the optics vendors and see what they got.

·
Registered
11 Posts
bino's

Just ordered these from Amazon and thought of a couple of questions after I ordered. They are the TS 1440 model.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C16R8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

They come with the Pelican case but would like to carry these in my BIG go bag. Was wondering if anyone here has found a good quality soft case/pouch that work well with these without hogging up more too much space?

Also was wondering how well they will work with glasses/sunglasses on.
don't drop,cost 300.00 and ship to CA. for repair.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well they showed today while I was out fishing. Caught 4 Rock down off of Tall Timbers area. And yep I am very impressed. Better than anything I have ever had or seen and likely better than anything I will ever have in the future. I still gotta order a set of caps for the big end. Likely some filters as well after I do a bit of research as to which ones to consider. But these jokers are something else. Still pricey as hell and would recommend folks watch for sales or go refurbished but I am still happy with my purchase.

And yes the hard case is a bit big for me to carry back and forth to the boat but I found a nice cushioned tactical pouch that strap into my cushioned tactical bag so that should suffice very well for my needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts