Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the verdict on full body goose dekes - Big Foot or Greenhead?

I am going to pick up some full bodies (x-mas list...). What is everyone's opinion on which is better? I will be hunting fields, and sticking a few on the shoreline when hunting over water for ducks/geese...

The greenheads look good with the flocked heads, but I like the feet on the Big Foots. I will be ordering from Cabelas, and have narrowed it to these two. Also, is there any real difference in the Greenhead standards vs. "pro-series"?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have both and like the quality of Bigfoots better. they are just mure durable. You can toss them around and not worry about it. The plastic is more rubber like. The greenheads are a harder plastic. Some of my bases are cracked from roughing them in cold weather. They become almost brittle in real cold. I flocked the heads on my two dozen bigfoots and they look great. cost maybe twenty bucks to do them. Still have some flocking left. I will not buy anymore greenheads. In fact i'd sell them to buy more bigfoots.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just shot over the greenhead motion decoys and they are unreal. I think they have solved their paint problem and actually exchanged one that had problems with it.

The big feet with reflocked heads are very good as well and I think that is the biggest difference maker so if you can find big feet with flocked heads go for it. Otherwise..I am sold on the green heads now that the paint issue seems to be resolved.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have new greenhead gear pro series. i love the looks of them but the heads are a pain. if i did over i might get bigfoots and flock the heads.

·
Registered
379 Posts
GHG
I got the "Pro Series" fully flocked bodies and I and the geese love them. This is only the first season I've used them but they look like they would feel warm if you touched them. Very realistic looking. The feeders and active come with 4 out of six motion stands. A little movement goes a long way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well I'm new to this site and don't want to start a decoy war but...
I just bought 20 doz of the GHG FFD's and they're great,all my ffd's goes into the 6 slotted goose decoy bags. So far not even a scuff on any .My buddy has 15 doz ghg hunter series that are 3 years old they're not in bags and there not badly scratched and we hunt 4 or 5 times a week.Last year I sold my big feet some where 15 years old ,and you can't hurt um I've kicked them across the field ran them over you name it ... But when you compare them side by side there is no comparence to it .I want the best looking decoys you can buy thats why i went with ghg ,ffd 's.THEY DONT SHINE AND THEY LOOK EXACTLY LIKE A GOOSE .if you want a tough decoy go with big feet they would be your best bet if you want to throw them around, but if you want the most realistic decoy go with GHG FFD'S they would be the best...
GOOD HUNT'N

GEORGE Z

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thats the new ffds by ghg the're bad ass, the best looking ,most realistic looking decoy available other than stuffers.These our what we call plastic stuffers.
When you want the best decoy go with the GHG FFD'S YOU WON'T BE DISIPOINTED.....
GOOD HUNTING,
GEORGE Z

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey JEFF,
Finially ,the bags are here you should see the mesh bags that i was telling you about. There brand new,can't tell they were used .

Can't wait to pound some geese .Do you think that 20 doz ghg ffd's will get'um in .I hope so [excited].I will try to get you tommorrow
Almost forgot guess who's getting married ?????? RONNIE /ROBIN THAT OUGHTA BE SOMETHING HA HA [grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts