Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I left the dock at 6:30am and fished our usual spots inside the Key Bridge. We fished the shorelines for 4 hours and not one hit. We searched around for the perch that we found stacked the past two weeks and they were gone. The water temp was still 55 degrees, the same as last week. The only difference was the full moon, I hate fishing on a full moon. It might be time to winterize with the cold temps coming. I caught a glimpse of this guy across the bay, had to use my 30x zoom to get him. That's why thy picture is so grainy. Good thing he had a full wet suit on.
Water Sky Water resources Watercraft Boat

Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
My buddy and I left the dock at 6:30am and fished our usual spots inside the Key Bridge. We fished the shorelines for 4 hours and not one hit. We searched around for the perch that we found stacked the past two weeks and they were gone. The water temp was still 55 degrees, the same as last week. The only difference was the full moon, I hate fishing on a full moon. It might be time to winterize with the cold temps coming. I caught a glimpse of this guy across the bay, had to use my 30x zoom to get him. That's why thy picture is so grainy. Good thing he had a full wet suit on. View attachment 280287

Mike
Dang, that cat really needed some me time. Skunks suck and I too hate fishing a full moon. Never did have good success...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
My buddy and I left the dock at 6:30am and fished our usual spots inside the Key Bridge. We fished the shorelines for 4 hours and not one hit. We searched around for the perch that we found stacked the past two weeks and they were gone. The water temp was still 55 degrees, the same as last week. The only difference was the full moon, I hate fishing on a full moon. It might be time to winterize with the cold temps coming. I caught a glimpse of this guy across the bay, had to use my 30x zoom to get him. That's why thy picture is so grainy. Good thing he had a full wet suit on. View attachment 280287

Mike
Gone to miss your fishing reports Mike. Hope I'm still around to read them next year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My neighbor has "Green blob" under water fishing light hanging off his dock. About a week and a half ago it was attracting fish every night. As it came closer to a full moon the activity started to drop off. I went out there a few nights ago and didn't even see a minnow. To me, it seams to confirm the "full moon" is bad for fishing theory.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My neighbor has "Green blob" under water fishing light hanging off his dock. About a week and a half ago it was attracting fish every night. As it came closer to a full moon the activity started to drop off. I went out there a few nights ago and didn't even see a minnow. To me, it seams to confirm the "full moon" is bad for fishing theory.
The light from the full moon shines through the water column all night so the fish can see bait fish much easier. Since they are eating thru the night they don't need to feed at first light or early morning.

Mike

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gone to miss your fishing reports Mike. Hope I'm still around to read them next year.
Andy,
Hopefully we are all here next year getting to enjoy another year of fishing. I might give it one more try next weekend if the weather cooperates. Spring will be here soon and who knows, maybe I'll get out for some early yellow perch. I'll keep looking for your posts, always enjoy reading them.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts