Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY ALL,
Ok here we go, been hunting pretty much everyday since BP came in...noticed alot of activity last week but as the full moon comes in everything seems to have come to a halt....

When this full moon phase comes what do you do?
I sat all day in the stand yesterday and I wished at the end of the day I did'mt do it

My Arsh hurts and seems today like I was hung over...

·
Registered
264 Posts
hunt the mornings get there early put a drag down with some tinks 69 and some tinks big buck juice put the drag down crossing there path from where you think they are and where there going if you go the evining before squirt a couple bottles in the area youll be the next day........ hell be waiting thats my stratagy

·
Registered
856 Posts
From about 10 a.m. till as long as you can stand it.I have seen and heard of many big bucks moving mid morning to early afternoon.During heavy rut full and new moons!!I wish I could hunt this time of day but deerhuntin dont pay the bills.:thumbup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Full Moon!!! If you have to choose a weekend to skip and take care of the honey do's that would be a good time. Tuff hunting the week of the full moon in Nov. and Oct Been tracking it for years and after this past year's trip to the mts in Oct it was confirmed once again.. Had several guys with us that didn't believe how much it effected the hunt. Hunted roughly 11 days straight with the full moon on the 5th day. First couple of days saw deer. Then You would have thought there were no deer in the woods for two days prior to a couple of days after. The only thing that helped was heavy clouds cover came in just after the full moon which pushed it along.. Once the nights became dark the woods came alive. After this year they are believers...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oaks, Oaks, Oaks.... Find a patch of Oaks between fields and bedding areas and hunt it mid day using a grunt call and deer bleat in a can, now the doe are hot and both bucks I killed last weekend were stinking with thick necks. They came from cover low and slow to the calls with there noses to the ground.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Saw does in the morning hunt came back about 1 and put a scent trail leading to my stand, 3:30 a 8 pointer came 30 yards from my stand decent buck but had to pass because the club i hunt with has a 15 " spread rule and he would have been close, real cool though seeing him from 300 hundred yards away following my scent trail

·
Registered
366 Posts
Take the wife out I'll be in the woods. Monday and Tuesday were great days for me and my buddies. I took a nice 8 pt Tue after passing on 4 small bucks. Same for mt friends in Charles and Calvert County. Rowells butcher shop had some hoggs that came in the past two days.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Saw does in the morning hunt came back about 1 and put a scent trail leading to my stand, 3:30 a 8 pointer came 30 yards from my stand decent buck but had to pass because the club i hunt with has a 15 " spread rule and he would have been close, real cool though seeing him from 300 hundred yards away following my scent trail
Is that 15" rule for the entire season? I would think with all the damage and destruction deer cause the landowners would want you guys to kill them all. My club with around 40 deer hunters kills an average of 70-80 deer per year on @ 3000 acres with no size limit and plenty of nice bucks are taken. No hijack intended...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts