Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow ,,, seams to be alot of hostility on the boards recently,,,, in todays economic state everyone is having a hard time and fighting over a dollar , We all fish for the same reason because we enjoy it. Everyone one here as bills and debt ,kids etc , regardless of full time or part time we are all in the same buisness and it would be nice if we could all stick together and get through hard times as a group instead of beating each other up, this is just my opinion and some will probably not agree but strengh is in numbers .

G

·
Agree'd capt - can't believe the un professionalism of some posts -that sure wouldn't make me like someone more or feel bad for them if they get gutteral in their language or their attitude. Its goiung to be tough for all - captains and customers -

·
Banned
36 Posts
You think it's bad on the boards, you should have been off Cape Henry Saturday. I monitor ch68 more for the entertainment value than reliable fishing info. The bite was slow and some people started mouthing off to the point where it got racial and beyond.
I thought fishing was about enjoying a day on the water. We got skunked and had a great time just being out there. Turned off the vhf,cranked the tunes ,and popped a cold one.
If the bite's on, I'll gladly share the info on 68 in between the chatter.
KW
"nevermind"

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey the way things are right now im glad to have a job i dont really care what it is im doing i have a job ,,,, atleast for now ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
After the thumping I took last weekend for my Sub post, it sure appeared that a lot of folks have a serious case of cabin fever. It wasn't directed at anyone here and I didn't use any foul language or call anyone names. It was my observation and opinion, but it sure got ugly...and fast. I had quite a few PMs from folks telling me they saw what happened and agreed with my point of view but would never post it because of the heat I was taking . It happened to them in the past and they didn't want a rematch. They did wish me luck though. LOL

There are always people lurking the internet, no matter what site, who have nothing better to do than run someone else down for their thoughts, ideas, questions or ramblings. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves or maybe it eases some of their own frustrations but it sure can ruin a, formerly, good and friendly website.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
I can not agree more with your post. And I will rip any of the bickering that divides us off the boards. All is does is spread negative energy that no one needs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You think it's bad on the boards, you should have been off Cape Henry Saturday. I monitor ch68 more for the entertainment value than reliable fishing info. The bite was slow and some people started mouthing off to the point where it got racial and beyond.
I thought fishing was about enjoying a day on the water. We got skunked and had a great time just being out there. Turned off the vhf,cranked the tunes ,and popped a cold one.
If the bite's on, I'll gladly share the info on 68 in between the chatter.
KW
"nevermind"
It's just the state of the world today. You see it every day. On the highways, in the grocery store line, on the water......SAD STATE...:nono:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes I agree that remarks on here do get bad. They should open a new posting for argumenitive remarks. Or on that note Mean people. My father taught me how to fish he never taught me how to judge other peoples fishing or calling people names over the radio. I fish because its a stress relief. If it causes more stress I guess I'd have nothing left to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts