Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coan Ranger was kind enough to put together a trip in VA Beach. Ended up on the Midnight Sun. Great captain and mate. They said as were clearing the inlet it had been hit or miss for the last couple of days.

We hit! Nice west wind had the bait against the shore and we only had to go south 12 miles.

Captain deployed the usual Rock killers. unbrellas and tandems.

couple of pics:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've fished with Ryan 5 or 6 times in the last 3 years. He always puts us on the fish. I remember him saying this fall that he hadn't been skunked in 2-3 hundred trips! We paid the price though in November when we went out in 6 foot seas and everyone got sick...but we eventually caught our limit.

·
Registered
861 Posts
R&B, nice report. Ryan and mate Kenny are top notch. We fished with them down there last year on a west wind and loaded the boat. As Capt. Ryan said as we left the inlet "West is Best". It was so rough we recorded 14' waves with his depth finder. Glad that you all had a good trip.

Mushy

27' Judge Chesapeake

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've been down there a lot in the last couple years even when fish were scattered. Umbrellas rule under those conditions, many locals who refused to deploy them would end up skunked and we would generally be no less than afish shy of limit. All that within 3 mi. limit. Some days we'd end up off duck pier to find best conditions (water temp / bait). can't wait for new boat and i'll be back down there terrorizing them again.........Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts