Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather looks OK on Saturday-here's a fun idea.We go to Sandy Point around 9am and launch.We fish in the main channel or the rockpile for perch with shrimp or worms.Too cold for perch to hit jigs-although small rock might.Around 1 pm or so we go over and anchor off Sandy Point beach and watch the crazy people go swimming for the Polar bear plunge at 2pm sharp.Great front row seats and funny as sh*t when they hit the cold water.It's all over by 2:15.The parking lot FILLS up so if you launch a boat-make sure you park very close to a ramp.Alot of double parking (idiot) goes on and can make it tough to back the trailer up.Get dead center of the crowd and your boat might be on TV.;) No charge for this event.Bring binoculars-last year some sweet bikinis were seen.Be careful though-there was a thong on a biker dude:eek: . Skip

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Skip,
Why are you lending that guy your downrigger weight?
I hope that you sold it to him, because I wouldn't want it back, after where it's been ! !

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a guy in that photo ?Oh now I see him.:D Skip

·
Registered
855 Posts
Skip,
Better yet, after you anchor up, throw on your dry suit and dive gear. Swim in close and wait for someone to plunge in....grab a leg and start pulling them out:D :D Would love to hear the news stories that would come from that.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Sounds like a great idea Skip, but I'm attending the seminar in College Park so I won't be able to fish. Take pictures and post 'em when you get home.

-JB

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Goose Bumps

I want to see the goose bumps pop up under the bikinis when them gals hit that cold water. :p :p :p :p :p

·
1,295 Posts
I 'resemble" that comment about crazy people. I'll be one of them at The Plunge. Will there ramps be open? I went last year and the whole park was so jammed we had to take the bus from the stadium. They are expecting over 5000 plungers alone this year not counting all the spectators.

Skip- If you do that crazy "Drag a plunger away" trick make sure it's not a fat white guy with a Hawaiian print suit-that's me!

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frank-and all.The ramps are open but you should launch by 9am.There are safety divers from the rescue squad in dry suits but a certain Grady "might" drag a shark fin planer board right before the plunge.;) I'll look for the shirt-try to wave to us so I can get a photo of you.Stay warm:p Skip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts