Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I fished yesterday afternoon from 2pm to about 6pm with good friends Morgan and Chris. We were planning on taking the john boat out for an inlet run, but the NE winds didnt want us to. We just fished from my friend Austins dock thats a good ways up in lynnhaven inlet. I figured with all the NE winds blowing extra water up in there we could have a chance at some fish off the reeds, and we sure did! Threw the cast net and caught some really nice menhaden along with some decent sized spots. We used live menhaden and had an awesome constant catch of puppy drums, a few speckle trout, and one nice 22" striper! All of our puppys ranged from 15" to 25", we probably caught and released around 20 of em between all three of us. The speckles were 14" and 17" all released. It was a fun and chilly afternoon....and no gas expense!! Cant beat fishing off the dock!! Brandon

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats on a good day

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Brandon - GOTTA LOVE those fishing expenses! How far up were you? Past the first "S" turn? I've caught some smaller pups in my cast net past the second "S", but have never fished the area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You brother are one cool *****! whats up bud? as soon as i get home from this place they call galveston we need to bush some blinds and catch some fish. Nov 17 opening day!:rockon:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Al - yeah we were just past the "s"....to the left after the second channel marker. We've done pretty good up in there the past month, baits still thick(a lot of shrimp) thats why im thinkin the specks are up in there?
Jono - What up buddy???!!! been meaning to call ya up, nick and arie told me you were travelin around, but yeah when you get back lets bush them blinds and get my float rig right.....also i saw some buddys shootin some togs at the 4th island...lets get em!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts