Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the Severn yesterday (16th) with some kayak buddies. It was a rare treat of a warm November day, smooth water, sunshine, and great company. As a group the yakers seem to be extremely generous in sharing information and bringing along novice anglers.
It's been remarkable to see how quickly some have progressed after even just a year of serious fishing from a kayak.....

A solid ebb kicked in late morning, enough to tilt a channel marker and we found ourselves treated to a late season blitz. The good fish were deep but there was busting bait on the surface. We all had numerous double knock downs. And I saw at least one triple. The class of fish was primarily 18" healthy fish, more than half with shoulders. On lighter tackle and sitting at water level an 18" rock is really enjoyable. A buddy got his personal best from a yak at 26" and many were landed from 20 to 23". The 20 to 23" class will turn a kayak around....More than one of us stopped or lost count. Too busy for pictures and you guys all know how pretty the rock are!
I checked for the dusk bite this evening in the same area but only managed three rock in a flood current and chop from an easterly.

I feel as though I owe November! :))

ST

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Awesome report. That's a day you file away in the great memories section of the brain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.