Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the next meeting, during the business section, I plan on making a motion to alter the current club record rules. My motion will be to have both a length and a Weight club record category. Lots of us release fish that would have weighed more more than existing records, however we get no credit for these enormous fish.

For example, the 30 plus inch trout that were entered in January, would have weighed more than ten pounds, but the angler released the fish and didn't get club record points. If we have a club record for length and weight per species, it would benefit all of us, and recognize some of these monster fish that are released.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Catching Wally has nothing to do with it, although he is of to a great start. The state has separate awards for lengths and weights. We model our species list after the state list, so why not do our records the same way. It would open up more chances for people to enter fish and participate in the club. If the membership elects to not change things that's fine, but I'm gonna bring it up for conversation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts