Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good folks at BOE Marine recommended the B60-20 transducer for my 2006C with GSD-21 sounder. My boat has a 24 degree deadrise. Anybody have this setup? How do you like it offshore? If I can get over the fear of drilling a hole in my hull to install it, this is what I probably will be using. I already have a 500w Humminbird on the transom. The GSD-21 + ducer is for backup/alternate.

Thanks.

Bill
Miss Ginya

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have an airmar shoot through w/ my Furuno.
From what I've read about this new design & the fact that it's a small protrusion from your hull, it's seems like the way to go.
Like you stated, you'll be cutting/drilling a rather large hole in your hull; however, once you tighten down the backing nut and squeeze out all of that 3M, or equiv, sealant, you should be airtight.
Good luck; I'm interested in your results.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered! I'll post the results once I get it installed and tested, probably a couple of months from now. Thanks for the reply.

Bill
Miss Ginya

·
Registered
267 Posts
Couple months from now? Get out of retirement mode, get'r done now and let's get to Hatteras this spring! Do you know where to install it for optimum performance? I have a 7 amp drill, hole saw bits and even marine epoxy and glass if you screw it up. Hop to it old fart!!! (Call if you want some help.)

Mike K

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike. You can be sure I'll go offshore early in the Spring if wx permits. Got some really pretty bait I want to try out (thanks Lou). Thanks also for the offer of help on the installation.

Bill
Miss Ginya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts