Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this unit? I know they are no longer made but as I get
older a big screen like this is easier on the eyes...
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Howard

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't know if you are interested but Boe Marine is selling the 2210 for $1350. Look for them on the HullTruth Forum under Marine electronics. No shipping cost or taxes. Normally a $1800-1900 item.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have the 2006C and like it very much. I really like the ability to update waypoints, routes, etc. on my PC and then download them to a data card and then to the gps. The only weak point is the anti-reflective coating. Mine got splashed with salt water and even though I used anti-reflective eyeglass cleaner per the manual, the coating was damaged. I sent it back to Garmin and they replaced the whole unit. Now I have a Navprotector.com vinyl screen cover which seems to prevent the problem. Best of luck.

Bill
Miss Ginya

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a little better deal than the 679.00 but haven't made the deal yet. I had hoped to get some input from this board. I checked with some people I know at boatersworld and a marine electronic vendor on the hull thruth and was told it was a great unit.

I'll probably get the unit and the gsd 21....
The only thing I read on "the hull truth" was to be careful with the screen. Other than
that it was all good news.

I've got the garmin 182 now and haven't had a minutes problems with it, great unit and easy to use...I'll probably be looking at selling it.

Thanks
Howard

·
Registered
97 Posts
Go for it....you will like that unit. I have one and it is one of the best units I have ever had. The only problem I have ever had it when it got soaked once and the screen fogged up and it seemed to take 4 or 5 good sunny days to totally dry the condensation. definitely add the GSD-21 sonar so you can use one unit instead of two ..one for GPS charting and another for sonar. The cool features...you can add Blue charts for Chesapeake Bay and another for Norfolk to Charleston and update them from your PC.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No problems

I have had the 2006c for about 3 years. I have the old eye problem and can see it good. However there are times I wish I had the 2010 with the bigger screen. mostly when you are split screen with another function. I have had no problems with the screen or condensation. I have the optional sonar and it works ok but not near as good as the Si-Tex CVS106L which is also installed.
I like the unit enough that I moved it from my old boat to the new one. I 'm not hi-tec so I've just learned some features this year that I didnt know it had.
Dittos on the ability to down load to my computer Maptec program ,make changes and reload to the 2006.
I think you would be happy with the unit.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts