Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the winter I purchased a new fish finder/GPS. I got the Garmin 840xs with the GVC10 and the side vu/down vu transom mount transducer. I installed them a few weeks ago and took it out for a test run yesterday. The unit worked well and now I actually get readings at full speed, with clarity, which I never have been able to do before. However, when I had the unit set to 455 kHz it would only read 2ft depth while I know I was in much deeper water. I switched to 800khz and the unit operated as it should, which by the way I love it. I switched frequencies multiple times and always the 455 khz would read 2ft depth. When I switched back to 800 kHz it worked properly, every time. Does anyone have any pointers that I could do to try and get it to work on the 455 kHz frequency? Maybe I have set something wrong but the install was a snap and pretty straight forward. I know I can reach out to tech support but I would like to go with other options before calling them if possible. :help:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Call the 1-800 # for Garmin let them go over every thing with you it will be a long wait on hold, so use a speaker phone and be on the boat once you have them on the phone they will trouble shoot it with you.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
The main transducer for those units is not good. Most people buy an airmar B75 or 175 m to compliment the 840 and 1040 xs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts